Sunday, November 08, 2009

October/November

Hello folks, have you missed me? Bet not. I've not been entirely inactive, but changes at work have meant I've got more travelling to do which is eating into my time.

Anyway, Saturday 31st saw KKF doing its bit for light up the sky. We were in Margate and battling with little wind and sea mist, so ended up with two soaked kites again, but did manage to raise over £60 for Children in Need, which is great.

Sunday 8th November saw KKF in Canterbury for our regular fly in. Again it looked like low wind was going to spoil the day, but ultimately the wind picked up enough and it turned into a good flying day. Low level turbulence was a bit of a problem, but I got a conyne up to about 600 feet and it was quite stable up there. Not entirely sure it was legal though as I doubt I was 1000 feet below the cloud base. There was a big sag in the line, but tremendous pull, it would have been great to get a camera up there, but I hadn't come equipped! Silly boy.

Next weekend we've got a sports kite workshop in Tonbridge, so we'll have to see how that goes.

No comments: